Applying to WMAA
WMAA is a public charter high school, open to any student residing in Michigan. Under our charter, we can have a maximum of 620 students (155 per grade).
Since we routinely receive more applications than there are available spots, a lottery system is enacted per federal and state regulations. To increase the chances of your student being accepted, you should apply by the end of the open enrollment period.
- When open enrollment ends, applications are counted. If there are fewer applications than openings, all applications will be accepted. If there are more applications than openings, the Academy will conduct a random selection lottery.
- Preference is given to siblings of students already enrolled.
- The lottery is a random selection to determine who will be accepted and who will be placed on a waiting list. The Academy will draw names from all students who submit completed application materials prior to the open enrollment deadline.
- Applications received after the open enrollment deadline are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for any remaining openings. If all spots are filled, the student’s name will be added to the end of the waiting list for his/her grade level.
- We encourage interested families to schedule a tour and/or attend one of our Parent & Student Information Nights.
Application Calendar for the 2023-24 School Year
- August 22, 2022 | Applications open
- December 6, 2022 6:00pm | Parent & Student Information Session
- January 19, 2023 6:00pm | Parent & Student Information Session
- February 16, 2023, 6:00 pm | Parent & Student Information Session
- February 28, 2023, 4:00pm | Open Enrollment Deadline – Applications Due
- March 9, 2023 5:00pm | Lottery
- Week of March 13, 2023 | Notification Letters Sent (acceptance or waitlist position)